Android Certified Application Developer
Our Android Training Course with Java Basics in Singapore covers
Android application development using the Java programming language
and Eclipse development environment. The course is designed for
people with no experience in Java. The course starts with teaching
students about creating basic java applications and reviewing java
object oriented concepts and then moves on to teaching on creating
This course provides an introduction to the Java language and Android programming wherein students will be able equipped with skills for analyzing, designing, developing and troubleshooting java applications.
Following the knowledge of Java programming, you will build small android applications and widgets and also work on larger applications involving different UI design techniques. The program is 75% hands-on and 25% lectures. While we do provide systems in our lab, we encourage participants to bring in their own laptops so that the assignments taken up in class can be continued at home as well.
The course is ideal for people with no knowledge of Java. No prior knowledge of the Android OS is needed. You can attend the course even if you have no working knowledge of Java to get a basic understanding of Android. While no experience in Java is expected, this course assumes that students have knowledge of some basic programming language such as C or Python.
- Business Analysts
- Project Managers
- IT professionals looking for exposure to Java and Android development
Software needed on computer (all are available as open source):
- Eclipse 4.2 or later
- JDK 6, 7 or later
- Android SDK
- Android Eclipse Plug-in
Java Development Course Objectives:
- Understand object oriented programming principles
- Write Java syntax, including declarations, operators, assignments, generics, annotations, enumerations, naming conventions, flow-control structures etc.
- Package and organize Java code into classes and libraries (JARs)
- Use best-practice design patterns when developing Java code
Android Development Course Objectives:
- Develop a grasp of the Android OS architecture
- Understand the application development lifecycle
- Experiment with database to store data locally
- Familiarize with Android's APIs for data storage, retrieval, user preferences, files and content providers
- Identity, analyze and choose tools for Android development including device emulator, profiling tools and IDE
- Construct user interfaces
- Create multi-media android components
- Create an android based application
High Level Course Outline:
- Choose and Install SDK for your Java platform
- Write code by incorporating principles of object oriented programming and java syntax
- Debug swing applications
- Use Eclipse IDE
- Create classes and methods using Java's inheritance concepts
- Create user interfaces and navigation controls
- Android Operation System
- Understanding Android Application Building Blocks
- Working with the Emulator
- Creating User Interface
- Building Custom Views and Layouts
- Introducing the Manifest
- Fragments and Multi-form design
- Views, adaptors and dialogs
- Resource Management and Localization
- Intents and Intent Filters
- Data Storage
- Audio and Video
- Inter process communication with AIDL
- Graphics and events
- Testing Applications
- Students will receive a complete set of reference material including notes and examples.
- Advanced Android Development - 6 days.
Teacher: Student ratio - 1:15
Our Android Development Course with Java Basics in Singapore fills up quickly. We close the enrollments as soon as we have 15 people registered. To avoid disappointment, we recommend you register as early as possible. You can make the payment by the last day of the class. In case you want to cancel or move to another date, please let us know at least a week in advance so your seat can be assigned to someone else.
1. Introduction to Android Development
This module covers the foundations of developing for the Android Platform. Following a brief discussion of the benefits of developing for the android platform, participants will be taken through setting up the right development environment on their machines. The module covers a brief introduction to Java, Eclipse and the Android SDK.
2. Configuring the Android Development Environment
The importance of configuring the development environment cannot be understated. If the environment is not configured properly, there is high likelihood that the application may not function perfectly. This short module is focused on configuring Java SE, Eclipse IDE and Android's SDK and emulator which mimics the behavior of an actual mobile device.
3. Java Fast Track
The functionality for an application in Android is written in the Java programming language. While mastery of Java is not required and if attempted could take years, we cover the basic essential concepts. The Java programming concepts covered are sufficient to get you started on Android applications development. In addition to Java, you will also learn a little bit about XML which is a mark-up language similar to HTML.
4. Framework for Android Application
This module covers the different components that make up a typical android application and how they are organized (buttons, audio, code, animation, xml, images, text etc.) We draw parallels to how these components are used in Java programming. Participants are also introduced to Android activities which explain how users interact with the system. This module also introduces participants to how an application interacts with the databases such as contact lists.
5. Screen Design Layout
Using Eclipse's graphical layout editor, participants will be able to build UI designs in this module. Devices come with different resolutions and sizes. This module addresses methods to build designs that can adapt to these differences. The module also addresses styling and designing buttons, menus, alert boxes and other controls.
6. Animations and Graphics
This module introduces participants to Android smartphone Active-Matrix Organic Light-Emitting Diode (AMOLED) and how to use images in applications. Participants will also learn how to create icons that can scale based on screen resolutions.
In this module, participants will learn how to create an application that can respond to user inputs
in real-time. Participants will learn about event listeners which execute code based on a certain trigger.
Participants will also learn about the touch mode and focus which address navigation between screens on the Android device.